Welcome Back to The Gem
The Gem Theater is reopening for several outdoor events in September. We are extremely excited to see you again! We are committed to trying to provide the safest venue possible for our patrons to visit, watch movies and enjoy great food & drink. We have developed this set of guidelines based on those outlined by the National Association of Theater Owners (NATO) . Let’s pull together to do this correctly so that we can see each other and experience great programming outdoors this Fall, and eventually indoors, as the weather grows colder.
We will stand FIRM on the guidelines outlined below. If these guidelines are not comfortable or reasonable to you, we ask that you wait for a later time to visit the theater. Thank you!
1. If you are feeling ill (with a fever or cough), please stay home and visit us at a later time when you are healthy.
2. If you are visiting The Gem from out of state, can you answer “yes” to one of these questions?: 1) Do you have a recent negative COVID-19 test? 2) If you have not been tested, have you complied with the 14-day quarantine upon your arrival in Maine? 3) Are you exempt from testing/quarantine because you are from MA, CT, NY, NJ, NH or VT?
3. Patrons and Gem Employees MUST wear face masks at all times once they enter the venue, whether it be inside or outside. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly around your face and chin. The only exception will be, once you are seated, you may remove your mask to eat and drink. We ask that you put it back on immediately after your finish eating and drinking.
4. Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face. Also, please use the hand sanitizer made available to you at the entrance doors and at the register.
5. Please maintain a 6 ft. social distance from others who are not part of your “pod”. This applies to seating during the film, standing in lines for the bathroom or for food/drink, or just socializing before and after the film.
6. Bathrooms will be limited to 1 person at a time.
7. To minimize shared touch surfaces and reduce immediate demands on staff, we ask you to purchase your movie tickets online through our website. Concessions can be purchased in person, but we ask you to use a credit/debit card, if at all possible.
8. For outdoor seating we ask you to bring your own lawn chair for your comfort and safety.
9. To limit staff contact with trash, we encourage you to dispose of your own trash in the proper receptacles after the film is over.
10. Please know that high touch surfaces at the theater will be frequently disinfected by Gem staff.